Children learn best when parents and teachers work together. Here are some ways you can support your child while they are going to Preschool:
- find out as much as you can about our Preschool e.g. the routines, what your child needs to bring to class
- get involved if possible, e.g. volunteer as a helper
- talk with the Preschool staff about activities that you can do with your child at home e.g. reading with your child
- talk with your child's teacher about what your child is learning
- talk with your child each day about what they did at Preschool.
When to enrol in Preschool
Preschool provides early education and care to children who turn 4 before the 31 July. If your child turns four on or before 31 July, you may enrol your child in that year. Contact us to find out how to enrol.
The welcome to preschool parents guide (PDF 626KB) will help make the start of your child's learning journey a positive and happy experience. It contains handy hints to help prepare your child for Preschool.
Transition to school
We have a set of planned activities to make sure your child has a smooth start to Kindergarten. Contact us to find out about our activities and how you can be involved.
Some of our favourite activities include: jumping, music, throwing, messy play, building, numbers, writing, gardening, plus so many more.